Spent Acid Exchange
Novel Spent Acid Management
This treatment plant was established to carry out segregation and collection of spent acid received at site in different tanks depending on the concentration of sulphuric acid and other properties.
The wastewater generated as the filtrate is treated in the Exchange and Treatment Plant, which comprises of primary and secondary treatment facilities and the effluent after treatment is sent to CETP (Common Effluent Treatment Plant) of GESCSL (Green Environment Services Co-operative Society Ltd).
Centralized Industrial Waste Exchange and By-product Recovery Facility
- This is first of its kind Spent Acid Handling and Waste Exchange Project in India.
- This Company is incorporated under Section 25 of The Companies Act.
- Made under IIUS Scheme – 2003 from Government of India by investing Rs.23 Crores.
- Spent sulphuric acid is generated in the chemical industrial units, in which concentration of sulphuric acid is normally in the range of 10-30%.
The individual industries find it difficult to store, handle or treat such spent sulphuric acid effectively.
NOVEL SPENT ACID MANAGEMENT was established to carry out the following activities….
- Segregation and collection of spent acid received at site in different tanks depending on the concentration of sulphuric acid and other properties.
- The colour less and concentrated spent acid is directly supplied to the actual users to utilize it as a raw material in the process for the manufacture of value added products such as single super phosphate, ferrous sulphate, alum etc.
- The rest of the spent acid is neutralized using hydrated lime for the production of Gypsum which is supplied to the cement manufacturing plants.
- The wastewater generated as the filtrate is treated in the ETP consisting of primary and secondary treatment facilities and the effluent after treatment is sent to CETP of GESCSL for further treatment and joint disposal.
The relevant details of the project are summarized below….
- Total Waste Handling Capacity
- Average Acid Content
- Waste to be Reused
- Waste to be Converted to Gypsum
- Saleable Gypsum Produced on Neutralization
- Registered Members
- Total Project Cost
- Project Area
- 1.5 million liters / day
- 20 % wt. / wt. H2SO4
- 0.5 to 0.8 million liters / day
- 0.4 to 0.5 million liters / day
- Approx. 300 tones / day
- Rs.23 crore
- 43000 m2
- Largest Community Waste Exchange Facility