Basic Infrastructure – Road And Water
Vatva Industrial Estate Infrastructure Development Ltd.
Roads And Utility
- In year 1986 Vatva Industrial Estate was merged into Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) and since then the basic infrastructure facilities were maintained by AMC.
- With efforts of VIA and industrial friendly policies of Government of India, Government of Gujarat & AMC, have opened gates for better & faster development of Basic Infrastructure in the Vatva Industrial Estate.
- Under Critical Infrastructure Projects (CIP) scheme of Industrial Policy 2003 of Government of Gujarat,
VIA has signed a historic MoU with AMC.
- 75% of the collection of Property Tax from Vatva Industrial Area has been reimbursed to VIA for development & maintenance of Basic Infrastructure like Roads, Street Lights, Storm Water Drainage & Domestic Drainage.
- Under this project, VIA has provided the below Infrastructure
- 25 k.m. of Major Roads
- 30 k.m. of Internal Roads
- 95 k.m. of Storm Water Drainage
- 65 k.m. of Domestic Drainage
- Footpath aside the main roads
- These completed basic infrastructure projects costed Rs.70 Crores
- The following facilities are under developing or planning stage
- 5 k.m. Internal Roads
- Entrance Gates
- Public Parking Facilities
- Public Urinary Facilities
Fresh Water Supply Scheme
- Since inception of the Industrial Estate, Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) was supplying Fresh water to each industrial unit on metering basis.
- From April 1st, 2009, this Water Supply Scheme was handed over to VIA.
- VIA has formed a SPV company, in name of “Vatva Industrial Estate Infrastructure Development Ltd.
(VEL)” to manage the Water Supply Scheme and other infrastructure related matters.
- Since then VEL is handling Water supply to
- More than 2200 units in Vatva Industrial Area
- 24 hours & un-interrupted water supply
- Supplied from more than 11 bore wells
- Through more than 72 kilometer Pipeline network
- With Very Nominal & Flat Rate as per the size of connection