Secured Landfill Facility (SLF)
The Green Environment Co-operative Services Society Ltd (GESCSL)
- The establishment of Common Secured Landfill Facility became necessary to facilitate disposal of solid waste being generated by industrial units in an environmentally safe manner. This was also necessary to fulfil the requirement of the provisions of Hazardous Waste (Management and Handling) Rules 198 framed under Environment (Protection) Act 1986. Keeping these requirements in mind the GESCSL had developed and constructed a Common Secured Landfill Facility for the safe disposal of solid waste generated by industrial units.
- Initially SLF No. 1 & SLF No. 2 were constructed. Later these two sites were expanded and after full capacity utilization were capped and green vegetal layer was developed.
|PARTICULARS||SLF – 1||SLF – 2||EXPANSION OF SLFs 1 & 2||SLF – 3||TOTAL|
|Development Stage||Phase : 1||Phase : 2||Phase : 3||Phase : 4||-|
|Capacity||75000 MT||170000 MT||130000 MT||850000 MT||1225000 MT|
|Period of Operation||APR.98 – JAN.99||FEB.99 – OCT.01||OCT.01 – FEB.03||MAR.03 – Till date||APR.98 – Till date|
|Utilization||74287 MT||170004 MT||128441 MT||750702 MT||1123434 MT|
|Total Cost||Rs.0.93 Cr.||Rs.1.66 Cr.||Rs.0.81 Cr.||Rs.11.50 Cr.||Rs.14.90 Cr.|
ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING AT SLF
- A set up of full fledged Analytical Laboratory equipped with necessary analytical instruments and facilities.
- Qualified and trained personnel look after the operation of SLF and laboratory.
- The monitoring includes the followings….
- Analysis of solid waste received at SLF and leachate.
- Ambient Air Quality Monitoring
- Monitoring of Ground Water Quality
- Analysis of vent gases